Duration: 2.5 - 3 hours. Live training. Attendance Cert provided (3 CPD hours)
Live online events
This module explores key issues relating to the adaptation and design of accessible kitchens and aims to provide delegates with the essential knowledge and skills needed to work confidently and effectively in this area. The course is interactive and utilises a variety of training methods, including presentations, case scenarios, discussion and videos.
ON COMPLETION OF THIS COURSE YOU SHOULD:
- be able to discuss client considerations relating to kitchens and understand how these can influence the design or adaptation of same
- be familiar with optimum layouts, space standards and design principles for accessible kitchens
- have explored ways of incorporating flexibility into kitchen design
- be aware of a range of equipment and appliance options
- have observed demonstrations on how to measure seated individuals for worktop heights, wall cupboards, toe recesses
- have experience of problem solving kitchen adaptation issues within a group setting
- Be familiar with the purpose and use of design briefs / specifications and have received a copy of the Viva Access Kitchen Design Brief
Electronic handouts (PDFs) provided
Digital Attendance Certificates issued (3 CPD hours)
Our online courses are interactive and typically include some or all of the following: presentations, case studies, desktop exercises, demonstration videos, discussions, breakout rooms and Q&As with trainers.