Duration: 2.5 - 3 hours. Live training. Attendance Cert provided (3 CPD hours)
Live online events
We welcome attendance from all parts of the UK (and beyond). Please note however, design standards and regulations referenced in Viva Access courses are primarily England orientated.
This module is aimed at all those interested in the area of dementia care and housing. It explores a wide range of adaptation and other issues (as indicated below) and is a good introductory course for anyone wishing to understand essential issues relating to the maintenance of people with dementia in their home environments. It explores a variety of common scenarios and overviews a range of equipment used.
This Course Covers:
- Key stages of dementia and a range of challenges & interventions relating to each
- Design principles for dementia-friendly housing, such as wayfinding, colour & tonal contrast and lighting levels
- ´Acceptable Risk´, particularly in relation to provision of stairlifts, stairgates and road safety
- Some equipment & telecare options
- Group exercises & a case study
- Further resources, including specialist websites, publications and dementia care organisations
Electronic handouts (PDFs) provided
Digital Attendance Certificates issued for 3 CPD hours
Our online courses are interactive and typically include some or all of the following: powerpoint presentations, case studies, desktop exercises using drawings, practical exercises – utilising videos, discussion groups and break-out rooms, Q&As with trainers