Duration: 2.5 - 3 hours. Live training. Attendance Cert provided (3 CPD hours)
Live online events
This course is suitable for delegates from all parts of the UK.
This module aims to provide occupational therapists and other non-construction professionals with the essential knowledge and skills needed to interpret architectural drawings and read to scale.
On completion of this course you should:
- be familar with the Plan View and be able to interpret a wide range of architectural conventions and symbols used on drawings
- have awareness of common hatching used on plans e.g. for brickwork, partition walls and insulation
- be able to interpret key drawing features such as title blocks, north arrows, scale bars and legends
- understand how to use a scale rule and read to scale
- understand how to work with drawings received by email and how to print to scale
- be able to discuss a range of software available for reading, editing and creating drawings on computer
- have experience of reviewing one or more housing adaptation/design proposals within a group setting
- Electronic handouts (PDFs) provided
- Digital Attendance Certificates issued (3 CPD hours)
- Our online courses are interactive and typically include some or all of the following: presentations, case studies, desktop exercises, demonstration videos, discussions, breakout rooms and Q&As with trainers.