Duration: 2.5 - 3 hours. Live training. Attendance Cert provided (3 CPD hours)
Live online events
We welcome attendance from all parts of the UK (and beyond). Please note however, design standards and regulations referenced in Viva Access courses are primarily England orientated.
This module explores the range of lift options available for both ambulant disabled users and wheelchair users within domestic properties and other residential settings (Home Lifts). It overviews the pros and cons of both internal and external seated stairlifts, wheelchair stairlifts, platform lifts, free standing stair-climbers, flex-steps and through floor lifts. An invaluable module for occupational therapists and other adaptation professionals working with users experiencing difficulty overcoming changes in level, particularly where constraints of space preclude the possibility of ramping.
On completion of the course, you should:
- Be able to discuss the range of lifts available and the pros and cons for each (including stairlifts, platform lifts, through-floor lifts, flex-steps and free-standing stairclimbers)
- Have discussed client considerations and how these may affect lift choice and design
- Have increased confidence specifying for both ambulant disabled users and wheelchair users
- Understand how to measure up stairs/steps and disabled clients for potential stair lifts
- Have explored issues relating to means of escape, lifts in communal areas and warranties, maintenance and liabilities
- Be aware of key stairlift and wheelchair lift suppliers and manufacturers
- Electronic handouts (PDFs) provided
- Digital Attendance Certificates issued (3 CPD hours)
- Our online courses are interactive and typically include some or all of the following: presentations, case studies, desktop exercises, demonstration videos, discussions, breakout rooms and Q&As with trainers.