Duration: 2.5 - 3 hours. Live training. Attendance Cert provided (3 CPD hours)
Live online events
We welcome attendance from all parts of the UK (and beyond). Please note however, most design standards and regulations referenced in Viva Access courses are England orientated.
This module follows on from Part 1 and addresses additional bathroom issues (as listed below). Ideally delegates should attend both Parts 1 & 2 - and in that order if possible.
The course looks at:
- Specifying room sizes for bathrooms, bedrooms and extensions (for a range of ambulant disabled and wheelchair users)
- Incorporating flexibility into bathroom design
- Software suggestions for reading & designing plans on computer (CAD)
- Tips and techniques for adapting small spaces
- Purpose and use of Design Briefs/Specifications
- Use of Ratings (R and PTV) when recommending slip resistant flooring in bathrooms
- Design principles for users with visual impairments
- Problem solving one or more case scenarios/adaptation schemes within a group setting
Electronic handouts (PDFs) provided
- Digital Attendance Certificates issued (3 CPD hours)
- Our online courses are interactive and typically include some or all of the following: presentations, case studies, desktop exercises, demonstration videos, discussions, breakout rooms and Q&As with trainers