Duration: 2.5 - 3 hours. Live training. Attendance Cert provided (3 CPD hours)
Live online events
This course builds on Part-1 and covers more advanced issues such as assessing for extensions; promoting safety in the bathroom; designing for users with visual impairments; adapting small bathrooms; some technical considerations; use of design briefs, and more.
ON COMPLETION OF THE COURSE, DELEGATES SHOULD:
- Feel more confident specifying room sizes for toilets, bathrooms and extensions – for a range of ambulant disabled and wheelchair users
- Have explored the recommended dimensions for bathrooms, sourced from a variety of design guidance, including the Northern Ireland Toolkit and AOTI Housing Design Guidelines
- Be able to discuss ways of incorporating flexibility into bathroom design
- Have explored solutions in relation to the adaptation of small spaces
- Be familiar with the key design issues for users with visual impairments
- Understand the purpose and use of Design Briefs (specifications) and how to use the Viva Access Design Brief for Bathrooms
- Have problem solved one or more case scenarios/adaptation schemes within a group setting
- Electronic handouts (PDFs) provided
- Digital Attendance Certificate issued
- Our online courses are interactive and typically include some or all of the following: presentations, case studies, desktop exercises, demonstration videos, discussions, breakout rooms and Q&As with trainers.