Duration: 2.5 - 3 hours. Live training. Attendance Cert provided (3 CPD hours)
Live online events
This course is hosted on our UK site but is suitable for OTs from Republic of Ireland also.
This module aims to provide occupational therapists and other non-construction professionals with the essential knowledge and skills needed to interpret architectural drawings and read to scale.
On completion of this course you should:
- understand the difference between plan views, sections and elevations
- be able to interpret common architectural conventions and symbols used on drawings
- be familiar with key drawing features such as title blocks, north arrows & scale bars
- understand how to use a scale rule and read to scale
- be able to discuss some common terminology used on plans and specifications
- be familiar with common hatching used on drawings e.g. for brickwork, partition walls and insulation
- have experience of reviewing one or more housing adaptation/design proposals within a group setting
- Electronic handouts (PDFs) provided
- Digital Attendance Certificates issued (3 CPD hours)
- Our online courses are interactive and typically include some or all of the following: presentations, case studies, desktop exercises, demonstration videos, discussions, breakout rooms and Q&As with trainers.