Bathroom Adaptation & Design – Level 3
Course Category: Advanced Module
£35 + VAT
This module focuses on bathroom and toilet extensions and also on common adaptation-related technical issues for occupational therapists and other non-construction personnel
The course will cover:
- Extending outwards: planning, building control and party wall issues e.g. how far out can you extend? Which building regulation issues apply? What is the right-to-light / 45 degree rule? How close can you build to a neighbours property?
- Overview of Modular Extensions (factory constructed pods for disabled users) and discussion regarding their pros and cons
- Bathroom-related technical issues for non-construction personnel (such as OTs) e.g. how far can you move a toilet? How to reinforce walls for grab rails and handrails? Uses of macerators and stub stacks for awkward/tricky situations
- Review of room-size templates (as outlined in Level 2) and testing the feasibility of these through floor-mockups and wheelchair
- Problem solving one or more complex case scenarios/adaptation schemes within a group setting
- Electronic handouts (PDFs) provided
- Digital Attendance Certificates issued for 3 CPD hours
- Our online courses are interactive and typically include some or all of the following: powerpoint presentations, case studies, desktop exercises using drawings, practical exercises – utlising videos, discussion groups and break-out rooms, Q&As with trainers.