Housing & Equipment Solutions for Users with Dementia
Close: between 12:00-12:30
GMT (London/Dublin time zone)
Live Interactive Training
3 CPD hours
This course is aimed at all those interested in the area of dementia care and housing. It explores a wide range of adaptation and other issues (as indicated below) and is a good introductory course for anyone wishing to understand essential issues relating to the maintenance of people with dementia in their home environments. It explores a variety of common scenarios and overviews a range of specialist equipment (including smart technology and telecare).
ON COMPLETION OF THE COURSE, DELEGATES SHOULD
- Have increased and developed knowledge and understanding of the housing needs for those affected by a dementia diagnosis.
- Be able to identify key features requiring attention when assessing the housing needs of those affected by dementia
- Have improved confidence in prescribing adaptations and alterations to the home environment
- Have explored ways of advising and liaising with families and carers of those with dementia
- Be familiar with a wide range of equipment options (including smart technology and telecare) and their uses in relation to maintaining people with dementia in their home environments
- Have explored adaptation and other issues pertaining to different family arrangements (e.g. receiving full, partial or no supervision or assistance) and different housing circumstances e.g. living in rural areas vs living in cities or towns.
- Have knowledge of further sources of information such as useful websites, publications and organisations relating to dementia care and housing
- Electronic handouts (PDFs) provided
- Digital Attendance Certificates issued for 3 CPD hours
- Viva interactive training courses typically include some or all of the following:
- Powerpoint presentations
- Case studies
- Desktop exercises using drawings
- Practical exercises – utlising videos
- Discussion groups and break-out rooms
- Q&A with trainers
|Reading & Using Plans||20 May|
|Disabled Facilities Grant: Part 1 (Essentials)||3 Jun|
|Bathroom Adaptation & Design: Part 1||9 Jun|
The price difference between face-to-face and online versions of courses is significant. Online training is more cost effective as we don’t need to provide venues, refreshments etc.. There is also a cost saving to attendees as no travel or accommodation costs.
Discounts are available and are applied at checkout. Discounts pertain to the total number of ‘spaces’ in your ‘basket’.
For example, you might book 3 spaces (for £150, plus VAT). These spaces could comprise one person attending 3 different modules; or 3 people attending the same module; or 1 person attending 2 modules and a second person attending 1 module…and so on.
Prices for Online Training
1 space: £60 (plus VAT)
2 spaces: £110 (plus VAT)
3 spaces:£150 (plus VAT)
4 spaces: £180 (plus VAT)
5 spaces: £200 (plus VAT)
6 spaces: £220 (plus VAT)
7 or more /spaces: £30 (plus VAT) per space
Prices for Face-to-Face Training
£180, plus VAT per day (each day comprises 2 modules)