Bathroom Adaptation & Design – Level 1 (Ireland)
£40 + VAT
This module focuses on issues that are essential for occupational therapists and other professionals involved in the design or adaptation of bathrooms for older and disabled people. It is a stand-alone course and can be attended on its own or in tandem with the Level 2 (UK) course.
This course will cover:
- Client considerations for bathrooms
- Access and egress: different types of doorway solutions
- Key design principles for bathrooms, including turning circles; access and transfer zones around WC pan, bath and wash basin; heights & positioning of fittings & fixtures; dry zones & wet zones, and more
- Emergency release mechanisms (doors) for vulnerable users
- Space planning within bathrooms
- Overview of shower and shower-wc options
- Measuring the user: assessing individual requirements for wheelchair turning circles (turning spaces)
- Some lighting considerations
- Signposting to useful design guidance
- Electronic handouts (PDFs) provided
- Digital Attendance Certificates issued for 3 CPD hours
- Our online courses are interactive and typically include some or all of the following: powerpoint presentations, case studies, desktop exercises using drawings, practical exercises – utilising videos, discussion groups and break-out rooms, Q&As with trainers.