Bathroom Adaptation & Design – Level 2
This module follows on from Level 1 and addresses additional bathroom issues (as listed below). We recommend that delegates attend both Levels 1 & 2 and in that order if possible.
The course will cover:
- Specifying room sizes for toilets and bathrooms – for ambulant disabled, assisted wheelchair users and independent wheelchair users
- Suggestions for incorporating flexibility into bathroom design
- Tips and techniques for adapting small spaces
- Specifying safety (slip resistant) flooring
- Suggestions for water containment
- Use of Design Briefs and provision of VIVA ACCESS Design Brief for Bathrooms
- Design principles for users with visual impairments
- Problem solving one or more case scenarios/adaptation schemes within a group setting
- Electronic handouts (PDFs) provided
- Digital Attendance Certificates issued for 3 CPD hours
- Our online courses are interactive and typically include some or all of the following: powerpoint presentations, case studies, desktop exercises using drawings, practical exercises – utlising videos, discussion groups and break-out rooms, Q&As with trainers.