Housing & Equipment Solutions for Users with Dementia (Ireland)
This course is aimed at all those interested in the area of dementia care and housing. It explores a wide range of adaptation and other issues (as indicated below) and is a good introductory course for anyone wishing to understand essential issues relating to the maintenance of people with dementia in their home environments. It explores a variety of common scenarios and overviews a range of specialist equipment (including smart technology and telecare).
ON COMPLETION OF THE COURSE, DELEGATES SHOULD:
- Have increased knowledge and understanding of the overall housing needs of those with dementia
- Be able to discuss design principles for dementia friendly housing, such as wayfinding, colour & tonal contrast, placement and lighting levels
- Have explored adaptation, equipment & telecare options for different rooms in the property, such as bedroom, bathroom, living room and kitchen
- Be able to discuss approaches to working with families and carers of those with dementia
- Have explored the concept of ‘acceptable risk’ particularly in relation to provision of stairlifts, stair gates and road safety
- Have knowledge of further sources of information such as specialist websites, publications and dementia care organisations
- Electronic handouts (PDFs) provided
- Digital Attendance Certificates issued (3 CPD hours)
- Our online courses are interactive and typically include some or all of the following: presentations, case studies, desktop exercises, demonstration videos, discussions, breakout rooms and Q&As with trainers.