Housing & Equipment Solutions for Plus Size (Bariatric) Users
3 CPD hours
This module aims to give professionals and others working in the field of accessible housing an insight into a range of equipment, design and adaptation issues pertaining to plus-size (bariatric) users, so as to enable them to work more effectively and confidently in this field.
On completion of this course, delegates should:
- Be able to discuss the background to bariatrics, definitions and a range of client issues
- Have increased proficiency in assessing space requirements of individual plus-size users and in planning layouts of key areas such as bathrooms
- Understand technical issues relating to dead/live loads, SWLs, door openings etc
- Be aware of companies in UK providing specialist equipment for plus-size (bariatric) users and some of the pros & cons of each
- Understand risks to both carers and users in terms of moving and handling and also in relation to means of escape
- Have problem solved cases within a group setting
- Electronic handouts (PDFs) provided
- Digital Attendance Certificates issued for 3 CPD hours
- Our online courses are interactive and typically include some or all of the following: powerpoint presentations, case studies, desktop exercises using drawings, practical exercises – utlising videos, discussion groups and break-out rooms, Q&As with trainers.