Housing & Equipment Solutions for Users with Dementia
This module is aimed at all those interested in the area of dementia care and housing. It explores a wide range of adaptation and other issues (as indicated below) and is a good introductory course for anyone wishing to understand essential issues relating to the maintenance of people with dementia in their home environments. It explores a variety of common scenarios and overviews a range of specialist equipment (including smart technology and telecare).
The course looks at:
- Overview of the main types of dementia and guidance on how to assess and make recommendations for each
- Approaches to adaptation work when working with people with dementia
- Exploration of specialist equipment –including smart technology, assistive technology & telecare
- Design principles for dementia friendly housing, such as wayfinding, colour & tonal contrast, lighting levels etc
- Case scenarios exploring range of family compositions, funding options and housing types
- Working with families and carers of people with dementia
- Signposting to further resources including useful websites, publications and organisations pertaining to dementia care and housing
- Electronic handouts (PDFs) provided
- Digital Attendance Certificates issued for 3 CPD hours
- Our online courses are interactive and typically include some or all of the following: powerpoint presentations, case studies, desktop exercises using drawings, practical exercises – utlising videos, discussion groups and break-out rooms, Q&As with trainers.