Kitchen Adaptation & Design
3 CPD hours
This module explores key issues relating to the adaptation and design of kitchens and dining spaces for disabled people.
IN THIS COURSE YOU WILL:
- discuss client considerations relating to kitchens and learn how these can influence the design of new housing or adaptation of existing spaces
- overview optimum layouts and space standards for kitchens
- explore ways of incorporating flexibility into kitchen design
- explore a wide range of equipment & appliance options
- observe demonstrations on how to measure seated individuals for worktop heights, wall cupboards, toe recesses
- experience problem solving kitchen adaptation issues within a group setting
- Electronic handouts (PDFs) provided
- Digital Attendance Certificates issued (3 CPD hours)
- Our online courses are interactive and typically include some or all of the following: presentations, case studies, desktop exercises, demonstration videos, discussions, breakout rooms and Q&As with trainers.