Ramps for Wheelchair Users – Level 1 (Ireland)
£40 + VAT
This course covers the essentials of ramps for wheelchair users and can be attended as a stand-alone course or in tandem with the Level 2. This course will cover the key areas listed below:
- Client considerations for ramps
- Pros and cons of portable, modular (semi-permanent) and permanent ramps
- Carrying out risk assessments for ramps (portable) and use of the Viva Access Risk Assessment Form.
- Design guidelines for semi-permanent and permanent ramps (straight approach)
- All about ramp gradients
- Relationship between lengths of slopes and gradients
- Assessing existing spaces for ramps (e.g. gardens and entrances), including recommendations for landing platforms, kerbs, clear surface widths, gradients and accompanying steps
- Handrail requirements on ramps
The training will be delivered via some or all of the following: powerpoint presentations, case studies using drawings, discussion groups in breakout rooms, quizzes, desktop exercises, Q&As with trainers, practical demonstrations using wheelchairs and via videos.
- Electronic handouts (PDFs) provided
- Digital Attendance Certificates issued for 3 CPD hours
- Our online courses are interactive and typically include some or all of the following: powerpoint presentations, case studies, desktop exercises using drawings, practical exercises – utlising videos, discussion groups and break-out rooms, Q&As with trainers.