Ramps for Wheelchair Users – Level 2 (Ireland)
The course is aimed at those who have attended Level 1 or who have sufficient knowledge or experience of the areas covered in Level 1.
Level 2 will cover the areas listed below:
- Considerations for communal ramps e.g. at entrances to blocks of flats
- Assessing for, and specifying, ramps with changes-of-direction e.g. ramps that “go around the garden” – including desktop design exercises
- Design considerations for users with visual impairments
- Design considerations for handrails
- Key technical issues, such as ramping over manholes and air bricks, drainage channels and damp proof courses
- Introduction to composite ramps for domestic properties
- Design briefs for semi-permanent (modular) and permanent ramps and provision of the Viva Access Ramp Design Brief
- Options appraisal: consideration of level and sloped access versus ramped access
- Review of one or more complex ramping schemes and problem solving / discussion as a group
The training will be delivered via some or all of the following: powerpoint presentations, case studies using drawings, discussion groups in breakout rooms, quizzes, desktop exercises, Q&As with trainers, practical demonstrations using wheelchairs and via videos.
- Electronic handouts (PDFs) provided
- Digital Attendance Certificates issued for 3 CPD hours
- Our online courses are interactive and typically include some or all of the following: powerpoint presentations, case studies, desktop exercises using drawings, practical exercises – utilising videos, discussion groups and break-out rooms, Q&As with trainers.