Reading & Using Plans – Essentials (Ireland)
3 CPD hours
£40 + VAT
This module aims to provide occupational therapists and other non-construction professionals with the essential knowledge and skills needed to interpret architectural drawings and read to scale. It is a stand-alone course and can be attended on its own or in tandem with the Level 2 (UK) course.
On completion of this course you should:
- understand the difference between plan views, sections and elevations
- be able to interpret common architectural conventions and symbols used on drawings
- be familiar with key drawing features such as title blocks, north arrows & scale bars
- understand how to use a scale rule and read to scale
- be able to discuss some common terminology used on plans and specifications
- have awareness of how to manage drawings received electronically (via email) as PDFs
- have experience of reviewing one or more housing schemes within a group setting
- Electronic handouts (PDFs) provided
- Digital Attendance Certificates issued for 3 CPD hours
- Our online courses are interactive and typically include some or all of the following: powerpoint presentations, case studies, desktop exercises using drawings, practical exercises – utilising videos, discussion groups and break-out rooms, Q&As with trainers.