Disabled Facilities Grant (DFG) – Level 1
Course Category: Core (Foundation) Module
£35 + VAT
This module provides an excellent grounding in the essentials of Disabled Facilities Grants (DFGs). It can be attended on its own or in tandem with Level 2 (Advanced).
Areas covered in this module include:
- What is a Disabled Facilities Grant (DFG)?
- Who can apply? (age limits, tenancies and disability)
- The Legislative context – Housing Grants Construction & Regeneration Act, 1996
- Overview of DFG Mandatory Criteria
- Preferred Schemes (client led) versus Mandatory Criteria
- What constitutes a valid DFG application
- Means Testing (Test of Resources) and Passporting
- Discretionary funding (e.g. top-ups, assistance with moving costs etc) and the Regulatory Reform Order
- Roles and responsibilities of OTs and Grants Officers in relation to N.A.R.P.
- DFG timescales and requirements for approval
- Appeals processes
- Electronic handouts (PDFs) provided
- Digital Attendance Certificates issued for 3 CPD hours
- Our online courses are interactive and typically include some or all of the following: powerpoint presentations, case studies, desktop exercises using drawings, practical exercises – utlising videos, discussion groups and break-out rooms, Q&As with trainers.