2.5 CPD Hours. INTERACTIVE WEBINAR. Click on course title above for details.
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this course near you?
Register your interest now
This course covers:
- Client considerations and their influence on scheme design / adaptation
- Space planning and layouts e.g. doorways, radiators, windows, circulation space (turning circles) etc
- Positioning and heights of fixtures and fittings e.g. wash basins, wc pans, grab rails, shower seats
- Designing for specific user groups e.g. dementia and visual impairment
- Measuring the user e.g. for heights of shower seats, washbasins, grab rails etc
- Safety issues e.g. users with epilepsy, loss of balance, loss of sensation; emergency release mechanisms for doorways
- Equipment options, including specialist equipment such as closomats and hi-lo baths
- Suggestions for accessible lighting, heating, motion sensors, ventilation and controls
- Bathroom case studies – group exercises and discussion using architectural drawings and case scenarios