Reading & Using Plans – Level 2
3 CPD hours
Course Category: Advanced Module
£35 + VAT
This module builds on the essentials covered in Level 1. It overviews advanced drawing features and also explores in greater depth topics simply referenced in Level 1. The module provides delegates with the opportunity to explore in a group setting elements of a range of complex housing schemes.
On completion of the course, you should:
- Understand how to interpret Sections and Elevations – in particular pertaining to ramps, extensions, bathrooms and/or kitchens
- Be able to interpret advanced architectural symbols, conventions and features, such as window & door schedules, keys/legends, datum levels, spot levels, floor levels, north arrows, icons used for landscaping, parking and so on
- Have awareness of different ways in which drawings can be dimensioned
- Be able to discuss the purposes and uses of Templates in adaptation work
- Understand how to verify drawings received electronically i.e. how to determine if, when printed off, they will be to scale
- Understand how to work effectively with drawings on computer. Includes overview of free software (Adobe Reader) for reviewing, measuring & commenting on drawings; and overview of software used by non-construction personnel such as occupational therapists, for creating adapation & design proposals (e.g. SmartDraw and MS Visio)
- Have experience of exploring, in a group context, one or more advanced wheelchair housing schemes, such as communal blocks of flats containing wheelchair units or a complex for frail elderly residents.
- Electronic handouts (PDFs) provided
- Digital Attendance Certificates issued for 3 CPD hours
- Our online courses are interactive and typically include some or all of the following: powerpoint presentations, case studies, desktop exercises using drawings, practical exercises – utilising videos, discussion groups and break-out rooms, Q&As with trainers.