Reading & Using Plans
3 CPD hours
Category: Core (Foundation) Module
£35 + VAT
This module aims to provide occupational therapists and other non-construction professionals with the essential knowledge and skills needed to interpret architectural drawings and read to scale.
On completion of this course you should:
- understand the difference between plan views, sections and elevations
- be able to interpret common architectural conventions and symbols used on drawings
- be familiar with key drawing features such as title blocks, north arrows & scale bars
- understand how to use a scale rule and read to scale
- be able to discuss some common terminology used on plans and specifications
- be familiar with common hatching used on drawings e.g. for brickwork, partition walls, insulation etc
- have experience of reviewing one or more housing adaptation/design proposals within a group setting
- Electronic handouts (PDFs) provided
- Digital Attendance Certificates issued for 3 CPD hours
- Our online courses are interactive and typically include some or all of the following: PowerPoint presentations, case studies, desktop exercises using drawings, practical exercises – utilising videos, discussion groups and breakout rooms, Q&As with trainers.